Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 26, 2010

Black Friday.

2 words meant to accelerate your heart rate and pulse, making people do crazy things like wake up, get dressed, and stand in long lines for hours in the dark clutching a wrinkled ad with a crazy glint of determination in their eyes.


If a person were to really think about it, the whole day is crazy and goes against human nature. After all, when finished with a large meal a human being is usually tired and wants to sleep for long periods of time (think polar bears).  But not in this society.

I am ashamed to admit I did not fully resist the sales of the day.  In an effort to control the urge to run out and buy diamond earrings at 4 a.m., I called my mother and took her to lunch. I presented her with a $50 Nordstrom Rack coupon (obtained for $25 online).  Then she suggested we go to this place and my resolve cracked (a resolve that was shaky due to seductive emails from Amazon with insane discounts on dvds). 

This very afternoon I have to go back to Nordstrom Rack and return some of these items because I don't need them (unless I plan to show up to work in a cotton jersey dress that is too loose around the top) and because it's crazy I even bought this stuff. Though I did need seasons 1 and 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ($10.47 on Amazon) for mental health reasons because when I'm feeling down this show always cheers me up.

At least I didn't get the diamond earrings.

Though little Max has no idea I spent the funds earmarked for unmanning him and runs innocently around (testicles intact and testorone running high for now).

Lesson learned? To leave my wallet at home and have less than half a gallon of gas in my tank at all times.



No comments:

Post a Comment